Oh hi there
I used to post semi-regular blogg-y stuff on this here website.. Until it was infiltrated by some malicious hack(er)s who scattered links to ‘gay tube porn cartoon’ and ‘will write research papers for free’ everywhere? Both tempting links, but I think this website for my folk songs is maybe just not the right place for them ya know? Anyway, I had to decommission this puppy for a while. The hackers are all serving life sentences for defamation now so no stress
Anyway spit spot
So much has happened between their final sentencing and this grand reopening! have a gnader* –
– Me and my band o’ boys won the big splash band competition?! Crazy. Indeed an honour and a shock. A shocking honour. A hocking goner. A shackle gander. The final was a night of biffs and bangers, feat. bonza sets from my boys in Shit Narnia, The High Learys and Psychedelic Porn Crumpets. In a heartwarming and humbling turn of events, friends and family of mine reeeeally turned up for me; Making noise nice and early for their alphabetically first hopeful. I feel so.. well, what I’ll say is – there isn’t an emoji in the world that could capture my elation and gratitude about all that.
Except for obviously the chick popping out of the egg that looks like it’s saying ‘perche no las dos?’. What a little joker. At any rate, now we got 10k to put towards the recording of our album!
Me and the gang with a cheque, MC Magnus Danger Magnus, and Big Splash Founder Maria Florides. Pic from George Foster Photography
– I received a lovely grant from the Department of Culture and Arts to put towards the recording of our album! Another Hockey goner!
Me and Pete Guazelli next to a DCA sign
– I performed at festivals like Wave Rock Weekender and Rottofest with my boys! many laughs and moments of ‘coming in hot’ were had.
Wave Rock Weekender, 26/9. Photo from Curbside Collection
– I recorded some songs live to tape in an old theatre which is being mixed literally as I type this!
Live tracking at Camelot Theatre in MosArts, 8/10
– Tony Abbot died
– I’ve been learning all the BV’s from esteemed Israeli/Australian songwriter Lior’s first album ‘Autumn Flow’… because I’m going to sing them with him at his show at The Astor Theatre on the 30th of October! His tour is in celebration of the super succesful albums 10th Anniversary; this, the album that got me interested in writing songs. Now, by some bizarre twists of fate, I get to sing those same bloody songs with him? Thats a big deal for your boy JD. He’s my Elvis? Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi (just warming up bro)
Lior, Noah Shilkin and I co-writing at Lolly Box Studios, Margaret River. February, 2015. Pic from Rebecca Shilkin
Some more exciting business is fast approaching and, assuming those same questionable hackers don’t return with their confusing simultaneous offers of homoeroticism and affordable academic assitance, I can tell you aaaall about it right here at jacob bloody diamond dot com dot au slash how yer goin
it’s good to be back!
Speak soon, got family dinner – roast. fuck yeah
*Yeah misspelt ‘gander’ but left it cause I think gnader has a nicer ring to it. pronounce it however you like!